Home » » Man Overboard 4th Part

Man Overboard 4th Part

When he turned away, I quietly sneaked into the hospital room to see what they were doing to
the patient. Two nurses were scurrying to and fro with trays full of medicines and syringes. Another
was rushing off with Uncle's wet clothes. I stopped her and asked if Uncle was conscious. "Not
yet," she replied, "but he's better now. He should regain consciousness in a little while."
The ship was still rolling, so I couldn't play any games. I went and sat in a cosy chair in the lounge
and started reading a story-book. I was feeling drowsy and must have dozed off. The next tiling
I knew was somebody saying, "Wake up, child.
You're Vasantha, aren't you? The Captain wants to see you in his cabin."
I looked up to see a sailor standing before me. It took me a minute to recollect the rescue operation
and the captain telling me, "I'll call you afterwards." I followed the officer eagerly. He left me outside
the captain's door, saying, "Go right inside." I knocked and entered. The captain was standing
in the middle of the room. When he saw me, he came forward and literally swept me off my
feet. He was still smiling when he put me down.

"You will have plenty to tell your friends, eh? Now close your eyes." I did so. Seconds later, I heard him say, "See what I've got for you." On opening my eyes, I saw a big brown box.
On it was written: "WITH THE BEST COMPLIMENTS OF
CAPT. LINDSAY."
I took the box and eagerly opened it. "Oh, what a lovely ship!" I exclaimed. "Does this really
belong to me? Can I keep it?" Lying snugly on a velvet backing was a most
beautiful model of the ship. On it was inscribed "B.I.S.N. & Co. S.S. RAJULA." I placed the box
carefully on the table. Then I threw my hands round the captain and hugged and kissed him.
He patted my cheek and smiled as he saw me lift the box and walk happily out of his room. I
proudly showed my present to everyone I met.
"See what the Captain has given me. Isn't it lovely?" "Yes, indeed," was the unanimous verdict.
I was the happiest person on board that day.
Share this video :
 

Copyright © 2015/2016. Diziss Info - All Rights Reserved